Saturday, January 12, 2008

Winter issue of Purely Delicious - finally out!

Well, the winter issue is finally going out. It' s been a long process, but I think it's our best one yet. I can't believe our one-year anniversary is in just a few months. Where has the time gone? We're making some wonderful changes and improvements to the magazine and are celebrating those changes with the spring 2008 issue - should be sometime in early March.


I've also asked Tonya Cole Lightfoot of Canada to join me as Senior Editor. She will also be helping with advertising sales and distribution. I'm very excited about the talents she will bring to Purely Delicious.


In the midst of all this excitement, I have to share a recipe that is going in the winter edition. I made this for myself first in order to have it photographed. Then shortly after, realized I needed to make much more of it for my family to enjoy when my three year-old daughter ending up eating more than I did. The flavors are simple and refreshing. Enjoy!


Celery Salad, published in the winter issue of Purely Delicious magazine

recipe generously provided by Elaina Love

7 stems celery, very thinly sliced on mandoline
1½ radishes, halved and very thinly sliced
1 granny smith apple, julienned very thinly
1/2 small red onion, minced
¼ tsp. dried sage
1 tsp. minced rosemary
1/2-1 tsp. Himalayan salt
3 tsp. lemon juice
2-4 Tbs. olive oil pinch of kelp powder


Mix everything together and taste for salt and lemon flavors. Store in a glass container for 1 week.

No comments: